Himalayas: Brahmatal Winter Trek
Here’s a golden opportunity for you to tick off a fantastic Himalayan winter trek!
Brahmatal is a snow picturesque trek in the lap of the Himalayas of Uttarakhand state. It’s one of the rare Himalayan peaks available for trekking winter months that takes you to the land of snow and the snow-covered mountains. It’s a great winter trek for the nature lovers and adventure seekers.
The uneven terrain, beautiful landscapes, sprawling forests and a mesmerizing view of the Himalayas are attractions while reaching 12,200 feet above Sea level covering around 22 Km overall. The stunning view of frozen lake of Brahmatal on the backdrop of majestic snow-capped Himalayan peaks is added attraction that one cannot miss.
A clear glimpse of Mount Trishul as we trek along the hamlets and streams is the icing on the cake. Best things are this trek is good for beginners also.
Come, #getmuddy at Brahmatal and conquer one of the most beautiful peaks of mighty Himalayas.
- The trip starts from Dehradun
- Bus: Dehradun Bus stand
- Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
- Duration: 5 Night & 6 Days
- Grade: Easy to Moderate
- Max Altitude: 12,200 Ft.
- Trek distance: 24 Kms.
- Trek type: Round Trail. The trek starts and ends at Lohajung
- Base Camp: Lohajung village (Around 10 Hrs drive from Dehradun)
- You may reach Dehradun Airport or Bus stand by morning 7 AM.
- We shall start our journey from Dehradun to Lohajung village after Breakfast.
- This picturesque drive covers 300 kms through the Himalayas and takes around 10 hrs by our private vehicle
- We will reach a guest house, check-in and take good rest
- Trek from Lohajung to Bekaltal
- This uphill trek of just over 6 km takes approximately 5 hours to finish
- We will be passing through jungle trails, beautiful meadows will come across mountain villagers carrying firewood and leaves for their household work, and mules going up and down carrying camping equipment for trekkers
- Today you will move from an altitude of 7600 feet to 9700 feet above Sea level
- We will come across natural spring and man-made water points along the way
- We shall go t Bekaltal lake for an evening walk
- Camp overnight with long conversations and stories
- Bekaltal to Brahmatal
- Today we will move from an altitude of 9700 feet to 10,500 feet above Sea level
- The 7 km trek takes around 7 hours to finish
- First 1 and half hours is steep ascent via Bekaltal Lake, then gradual ascent for a few hours.
- At last steep descent and then gradual descent till campsite
- The night sky is so beautiful and climate really cold at this point with a warm bonfire to keep the heat flowing in our bodies
- Its the most scenic day of the trek, we will get to witness Shivalik and Greater Himalayan ranges
- An evening walk to frozen Brahmatal lake makes our day!
- Camp overnight
- Brahmatal to Tilbudi via Brahmatal Pass
- Today is the most beautiful day of our entire trip as we move from an altitude of 10500 feet to 12200 feet which is the summit of Brahmatal
- Today’s long trek will take around 8 hours with 7 km of uphill and flat trail combination along magnificent Rhododendron and Oak Forest
- We will conquer Brahmatal and revel at the beauty of snow-capped Himalayas. The 360-degree view from the top is simply unforgettable.
- The views of Mount Trishul, Neelkanth and other snow-capped Himalayan peaks touch your heart and soul
- We then descend to 11 feet which is to our Tilbudi campsite
- Tilbudi to Lohajung via Wan
- We descend further to 7600 feet to reach base point Lohajung where we started our journey 3 days back
- The gradual and steep hike down will take approximately 6 hours though the distance is just 4 Km
- A walking stick and knee caps will help a lot today as we fall down number of times 😉
- We will stay in a guest house today reliving the memories of the trek and going through the breathtaking pictures we took.
- Freshen up and drive back to Dehradun through amazing landscapes of Himalayas as we stop over at numerous points cherishing the journey.
- We shall reach Dehradun town by evening 6 to 7 PM. You may book your return tickets any time after 8 PM
- Say Bye to your new friends, whom you shared an unforgettable journey for the past few days and together witnessed a masterpiece of mother nature called Brahmatal
Safety & Rescue:
- Mountaineering course qualified Trek Leader
- The local support team for geographical intelligence
- Crampons/Micro-spikes for the trek (if needed at that time)
- First-aid Kit
Fitness & Preparation:
- One needs to prepare for any treks in the Himalayas (even though a trek like Brahmatal may be done by beginners)
- It is recommended to achieve minimal fitness of being able to jog for 5 km without taking any break to attempt any trek in the Himalayas
- No major health issues shall be present like Asthma, any breathing problem, Heart problems, High blood pressure or any other special medical condition
- Only those people who understand the complexity of Himalayan travel and treks are advised to book this trek.
How to reach Dehradun:
- Dehradun is well connected by Train, Road and Air
- Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun has frequent flights from all metro cities
- Dehradun is just 246 km from New Delhi which takes around 7-8 hour drive. You may board Bus at Kashmiri Gate ISBT
Things to carry:
- Comfortable Backpack with good back support (preferably waterproof)
- Hiking Pole
- Quick dry and comfortable Trek Pants
- Warm and waterproof Jacket
- Thick Socks
- Trekking Shoe with good grip and traction
- Polarised Sunglasses
- Warm hat
- 2 Water bottles of 1 Liter each
- Please make sure you read other Tabs like “Cost, Inclusions & Exclusions”, “Terms & Conditions”, & “Refund Policy” before you book your slot 🙂
- Feel free to contact the organizers if any doubt or concern, we are happy to help you 🙂
Get Muddie in Travel..
Cost: 9950 + GST of 5%
- 4 Nights Camping during trek on sharing basis & 1 Night at our Home stay
- Food during the trek days: Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners – all Veg
- Travel: Dehradun to Lohajung to Dehradun by Private vehicle like Sumo/Tavera or similar
- Trek equipment: Sleeping bag, Tent, Mattress, Kitchen & Toilet tent, Crampons, Utensils
- Natural Spring Water during the trek you can just fill your bottle with
- Trek Leader, Guide, Cook, Helpers who are familiar with local conditions and routes
- A lot of stories related to the trek. Group activities and a lot of memories!
- GST of 5%
- Food while traveling (Day 1 and Day 6)
- Any personal or misc. expenses not mentioned in inclusions above
- Mules or Porter can carry your personal luggage during the trek days on extra cost of 1700/-
- This has to be booked at least a week in advance
- Tents, Sleeping bags, other equipment are carried by helpers. Trekkers need to carry only their backpacks and stuff